Primary function is to assist mortgage loan officers with daily mortgage loan originations. Performs a variety of duties both clerical and technical, major responsibilities include coordinating the processing of mortgage loans following application through submission to underwriting. Respond to lender and customer inquiries.
1. Create new mortgage file and mortgage approval summary; enters information into mortgage loan processing system; obtains all necessary verification of employment, deposits and reserves as required. Prepares “Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures” as required, with strict adherence to compliance and lending policy procedures.
2. Process loan documents on loan origination software with accuracy, order appraisal, flood certification, consumer credit report, private mortgage insurance and tax transcripts.
3. Process and review all incoming verification’s and inspections for accuracy and for adherence to secondary mortgage market guidelines.
4. Maintains acceptable levels of productivity, quality, accuracy and speed standards as determined by the department.
5. Attends training sessions to maintain the highest level of bank system knowledge, regulatory compliance and knowledge of the secondary mortgage market.
1. Assists all customer, associate and realtor inquiries.
2. Performs a variety of filing/scanning functions and preparation of various reports.
3. Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
4. Remain informed of changes in Bank Policies, Procedures and Products. Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1. Minimum two years specialized training or experience in mortgage loans and familiarity with computer input required.
2. Knowledge of lending regulations and secondary mortgage market guidelines required.
3. Position requires accuracy and ability to coordinate and prioritize workday efficiently.
4. Individual must be a self-starter, conscientious, comfortable with detail, able to exhibit professionalism in communication skills to deal with customer under circumstances requiring tact, diplomacy and confidentiality, possesses excellent keyboarding skills and must be able to work under the pressure of deadlines.
5. Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
6. Ability to work in a team environment to achieve personal and departmental loan processing goals.
7. Adherence to schedule in a structured work environment required.
3. Ten-key calculator
5. Other office equipment as needed
Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers and outside bank personnel.
Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
Normal daily physical activities to include, walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling.
Must be able to read reports and use computer.
Occasional lifting of 10 – 40 pounds