Hours and Location vary, see website for details.
Customer Service Specialist provides a full range of banking services including operating a teller window by providing prompt, efficient and accurate customer service; representing the Bank in a courteous, professional manner, alert to customer needs with emphasis on using needs assessment to help customers meet their financial goals by offering appropriate product and service solutions. Creates and enhances long-term customer relationships with both new and existing customers.
1. Processes customer transactions, including receiving deposits, verifying cash and endorsements and issuing receipts, installment loan payments, making withdrawals, cashing checks, redeeming savings bonds, providing customer account print-outs and scans work for remote capture.
2. Assists customers with account issues such as address changes, debit card applications, ordering checks, etc.
3. Opens, maintains and closes all types of accounts including checking, savings, certificates of deposit, IRAs, etc.
4. Enhances customer relationships by providing quality customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects and adherence to approved quality standards.
5. Cross-sells additional products and services through in-person customer meetings as well as phone and written correspondence.
6. Maintains high product knowledge; provides information and referrals to customers seeking other services.
7. Completes daily computer work and documentation. Maintains lobby appearance and directs lobby traffic when necessary.
8. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
1. On occasion may rotate to other locations
2. Actively participate in promotional activities and training sessions conducted by the bank.
3. Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by direct supervisor, Area Branch Manager or Division Head.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced education preferred.
2. Minimum one-year cash handling experience required or current bank experience as a teller or new accounts.
3. Customer service and retail sales experience highly preferred.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
5. Interpersonal skills to interact effectively and professionally with a broad range of people in diverse corporate, economic and social environments; handles customers in circumstances requiring tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
6. Persuasiveness/Sales Ability – Utilizes discovery and assessment to determine customer needs; selects approach appropriate to situation; communicates options; gains commitment to recommended action.
7. Tenacity – Stays with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable. Overcomes obstacles to accomplish goals.
8. Time Management – Completes tasks with appropriate attention to detail; demonstrates strong organizational skills.
9. Adherence to schedule in a structured work environment
· Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers and outside bank personnel
· Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely
· Normal daily physical activities to include, walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling
· Must be able to read reports and use computer
· Occasional lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds occasionally
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors, environmentally controlled.
We are an at-will, equal opportunity employer