POSITION: Intensive In-Home Services/Intensive Family Reunification Services Specialist I-II
Pay Grade: 4/5
Salary: $35,568 – $39,000 Annually
Location: Serves Randolph, Howard, and Boone Counties.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Intensive In-Home Services/Intensive Family Reunification Specialist (IIS/IFRS) is responsible for helping families in crisis and need intensive services in order to keep children in the home or for families needing to safely reunify children back into the home. The IIS/IFRS Specialist also conducts home visits and transports families as necessary.
Key job duties include carrying a caseload of 2-3 families, seeing each family an average of 8-12 hours per week, being available 24/7 to help with crises or conflicts as needed or required, and writing progress notes one each case and that are entering it into the FACES system. This position attends court hearings that are a part of Family Court to provide support, progress reports to the court, and testimony in legal proceedings.
- Experience providing in-home services to children and the child’s families.
- Able to teach/model skills (e.g., parenting, emotional management, life skills, etc.) directly to families.
- Time management and organizational skills to both share with families and use to meet all job expectations.
- Experience in engagement, crisis intervention, communication, educational skill building, and child protection
QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other human service field from an accredited institution and at least three (3) years post-degree experience in family and children’s services or a comparable human service field from an accredited institution and at least two (2) years of experience in family and children’s services.
BENEFITS: Cornerstones of Care offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision coverage; prescription coverage; accident insurance; short-term disability; health savings account (HSA); flexible spending account (FSA); paid time off; retirement (401K); and Public Service Loan Forgiveness. To view a detailed Summary of Benefits please visit our website at www.cornerstonesofcare.org and under the heading “About Us” click on “Join Our Team.” Staff residing 60 or more miles away from an office are eligible for a stipend to offset business need supplies.
HOW TO APPLY: Please complete an online application at www.cornerstonesofcare.org
CORNERSTONES OF CARE’S ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENTS:
- Nonviolence-helping to build safety skills and a commitment to higher purpose
- Emotional Intelligence-helping to teach emotional management skills
- Social Learning-helping to build cognitive skills
- Open Communication-helping to overcome barriers to healthy communication, learn conflict management
- Democracy-helping to create civic skills of self-control, self-discipline, and administration of healthy authority
- Social Responsibility-helping to rebuild social connection skills, establish healthy attachment relationships
- Growth and Change-helping to work through loss and prepare for the future
Please contact: Cornerstones of Care, Human Resources Department
300 E. 36th Street, Kansas City, MO 64111
Phone: (816) 508-1707 Fax: (816) 50 -1757
Like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/cornerstonescareers
Cornerstones of Care is an
Equal Opportunity Employer