Job Description Summary
Support CPI’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values. Build knowledge of proper use of crop protection products, plant nutrition, precision agriculture, seed and other services offered at CPI to area producers. Conduct field scouting for crop injury, weed control, application proficiency, test plots, hybrid and product comparisons. Gain “in the field” agronomy experience while learning the culture of CPI. Ensures compliance with CPI policies, regulations, procedures, and practices including all local, state, and federal laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Provide a positive attitude to customers and peers through providing outstanding and courteous customer service.
· Follow the safety guidelines and safety programs established by CPI.
· Is punctual, engaged, and willing to learn.
· Promote and support CPI’s agronomy, energy, feed and grain programs. Work with various departments to gain an overall knowledge of company operations and processes. Gain a better understanding of the coop.
· Service customers’ agronomy needs.
· Field scouting for crop injury, weed control, application proficiency, test plots, hybrid and product comparisons.
· Observe and gain knowledge in developing annual farmer/customer programs that include soil testing, field mapping, product recommendations, timely and accurate application, field monitoring as needed, record keeping, and follow-up calls.
· Complete a variety of assignments related to day-to-day operations and processes. Perform projects as assigned under the direction of qualified staff.
· Attend meetings and training events.
· Ability to multi-task and capability to excel in both team and self-directed settings.
Skills and Specifications
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on customer service.
· Knowledge of business computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet software, and internal CPI software).
· Display a strong sense of direction and map reading skills.
· Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Strong business acumen abilities: time management, planning, organization, and decision-making skills.
· Ability to read, write, and speak English.