-Schedule a time with us at the virtual career fair this September-
With over 700 locations around the country, CED is one of the nation’s largest privately-owned electrical distributors in a $115 billion industry. From housing developments to large sporting facilities, we have our hands in helping light up your community.
Our Sales Trainee Program teaches top candidates the skills for each job in all facets of our fast-paced, profitable industry. On-the-job training lasts for 2-3 years and includes rotations in the warehouse, counter sales, purchasing, inside sales, project management, inventory management and outside sales.
Please refer to our website for more information: www.cedcareers.com
· Maintain relationships with assigned customer base
· Negotiate projects and material pricing with customers and vendors
· Coordinate material with project needs
· Interpret engineered drawings to provide best bill of material for project
· Maximize project profitability and customer satisfaction
· Learn all sales aspects of the CED business
· Strong negotiation skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software
· Detail oriented
· Ability to solve problems
· Must be a self-starter who can handle a heavy volume of work and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Current, valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
· Authorization to work in the United States (without requiring work authorization sponsorship by CED now or in the future)
· Ability to communicate – both written and spoken – in English
Conditions vary based on the trainee’s current segment of the training and will include warehouse, office and external environments. During some segments, activities will include lifting, sorting, standing, possible extreme heat/cold conditions. Office segments may include sitting for extended periods. Various segments will include some travel – both by car and by air.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
NOTE: Because positions may evolve due to the needs of the business, this job description may not list all essential functions and is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other essential functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned at any time; with or without notice.
CED is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability | Veteran