POPCORN PLANT BREEDER SUMMER INTERNSHIP (Paid)
What Can You Expect from Your Internship?
Your internship will be an immersion into Conagra Brands. We will expect you to help uncover inefficiencies, improve capabilities, and allow growth with the support of your team. To enhance your overall understanding of our company, we will provide opportunities to network with peers and leaders to gain experience with the scope of career paths available at Conagra Brands.
Plant breeder intern activities include field, laboratory and office operations performed some concurrently or individually depending on the time period, during the growing season:
- Location: Brookston, IN
- Schedule: Hybrid remote/onsite internship structure with onsite summer presence necessary
- Assist with layout, planting, and maintenance of nursery and yield trials
- Assist in data collection on yield trials
- Assist with crew management during nursery operations
- Oversee proper operations of the nursery harvest for future shelling and inventory preparation
- Oversee proper operations of yield trial samples for popping and volume expansion evaluation
- Assist in the planning and preparation of yield trials and nurseries by managing inventory accordingly
- Actively participate in data capture and data summarization of observations from yield trials and nurseries
What are the Perks of Being an Intern at Conagra?
- Paid Internship
- A relocation stipend will be provided to those who do not have housing in the location of their internship
- Social and Professional Development Opportunities, such as Intern Orientation, Lessons from Leaders and a Summer Send Off
- Functional Trainings, Overviews, and Insights
Are You the Right Candidate?
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of promoting the most energized, highest impact culture in the food industry. If you are craving an opportunity to make a difference and be empowered to kick start your professional career in a refuse-to-lose environment, then we want to meet you! We encourage you to discover your potential and we will provide you with unparalleled opportunities to make a difference. Qualified candidates:
- Are enrolled in a degree program with at least one semester remaining after your internship
- Are pursuing a degree in Agribusiness, Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Biology or related field
- Master’s Degree required, PhD preferred
- Knowledge of plant breeding, genetics, molecular, quantitative and statistical genetics
- Experience in marker assisted selection and prediction models
- Knowledge of statistics, database management and experimental design
- Work experience in a plant breeding program
- Have a continuous improvement mindset and capacity to make data-driven decisions
- Are able and willing to relocate
- Desire to pursue a career in plant breeding
- Must attach a resume to your application and should indicate anticipated graduation date
- Must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future and must be authorized to work in the United States