The IT Generalist Intern will work closely with the Director of Information Technology in a wide range of responsibilities. This position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware, networking, printers, devices and software.
- Resolve issues for staff via phone, in person, or electronically.
- Perform hardware and software installations, configurations and updates as needed.
- Hardware and software support and troubleshooting.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of a complex Filemaker Database.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of general IT customer support experience
- This is an in-house position. Applicants who require telecommuting or who are offshore vendors will not be considered.
COMPETENCIES (skills, abilities & knowledge):
- Excellent organizational abilities, including initiative, follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot to the root of a problem.
- Good training and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Commitment to Con-Tech’s mission.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- SQL experience is a plus.
- FileMaker experience is a plus.