Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are looking to add a Contracts Specialist to support our sales team. The preferred location is Hickory, NC, however, other major CommScope US locations will be considered.
Responsible for managing every phase of channel/partner contract development, from initial draft based on existing templates, over interfacing with internal business, commercial and legal teams, to routing the final version through CommScope’s approval process. Additional responsibilities include managing the channel contract database, assisting in contract terminations, and updating CRM tools to reflect accurate onboarding/termination information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- For routine and non-complex business terms, draft new agreement and appendix terms and edits existing terms. Coordinates review of draft language with internal stakeholders and the Legal Team.
- Coordinates term sheets and incentive documents.
- Prepares draft cover letters.
- Assists Channel Lead in preparing drafts for legal review. Coordinates the approval process.
- Manages Channel templates and access, coordinating with Legal Team.
- Collects executed agreements and SOA approvals for inclusion in the Channel contracts database.
- Manages Channel contract database for storage through legal ContractPod library and Channel SharePoint site.
- Updates CommScope CRM tools with the latest accurate information
- Prepares and provides agreements, letters, and other contract-related correspondence to partners in coordination with Channel Leads and Account Managers.
- Provides existing agreement terms to Regional Leaders, internal support units, and Customer Service upon request.
- Manages the Distributor Locator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Law preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task on several projects simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract document, and legal specifications
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player and ability to effectively collaborate across functions
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to resolve client complaints and concerns
- Strong computer skills in MS Office packages needed
- Functional knowledge of ContractPod, ContractCentral, Salesforce, and Dynamics 365 is preferred.