Stipend will be provided to cover all out of pocket expenses (i.e. technology needs, commute, meals, etc.)
Not your typical company so let’s not make this a typical posting. Herein lies the pipe dream… “an unattainable or fanciful hope or plan.” What we’re looking for sounds like an oxymoron, a talented and ambitious college intern who is willing to overlook immediate financial compensation for the opportunity to join the ground floor of a unique startup; AKA an entrepreneur.
Currently two guys on a mission to change the world by breaking down the barriers of entry to yoga & making it accessible to all. Check out the thegurupad.com & thegurupad.com/blog to learn more about who we are & what we’re doing.
Must love or pretend to love social media, and be excited about the opportunity to make something out of nothing. See @consciouslovecolorado for our current IG account. The sky is the limit for improvement, trust us. This bodes well for your future resume.
1) Develop and grow existing social media accounts; Instagram, FB, Tik Tok (oooo law’d), Pinterest etc.
- Put something killer like this on your resume, “increased Instagram followers X% by developing strategic relationships with influencers, resulting in an X% increase in revenue.”
- OR.. Never update your resume again because you became a full time employee at a growing company. We plan to recognize and reward talent graciously as we grow. Startup risks are associated here, of course.
2) Research and create strategic relationships with influencers & local businesses.
3) Create creative content for all platforms. We also provide content, structure for what our brand is, how we talk, and who we’re talking to.
- Must understand ideas of complimenting consumers world views, as opposed to conflicting & confusing through content & words.
4) Involved in strategy & development of a referral ecosystem.
Possibly in scope, if you are up for it.
5) Write Blogs for the COLO website to increase SEO standing for specific keywords.
6) PR & Media Outreach, including guest posting for websites & blogs, requests for backlinks, etc.
We live in limitation but have limitless potential. That means your potential is limitless, and we will provide to tools & mentoring necessary for that to become a reality. Join the team soon an attend our first annual COLO ski trip (fo free)!
These are some generic guidelines of what we need most, but as a startup we have just about every hat available. Feel like you can provide value or have interest in a specific area? Go for it, we will never hold you back, and will never micro-manage.
Most Important: Interest in health & wellness, entrepreneur attitude, desire to be successful & make positive change in this world.
Nice to haves:
Experienced with social media & knowledge of what it takes to grow accounts. (This is not a small task.)
Affluent with words & experienced copywriter.
Journalism or Business School student. (Again not necessary, if the drive and interest is present. Anything can be learned and we are living proof of that.)
Expected Learning Opportunities:
- Student is mentored in all aspects of the business to learn directly from successes and failures of a company finding their product market fit.
- Learn fundamentals of business development & growth, through a variety of pipelines; social, grassroots, affiliate & Amazon. (Upcoming Amazon launch with large 100+ influencer campaign.)
- How to move fast, be agile, and optimize work flows effectively. (Mentoring here. We are “agile” not “scrum”)
- Nuances of consumer behavior, how to frame words to meet expected consumers world views, while also redefining consumers views subliminally. This is marketing.
- Develop a growth mindset, that will set you up for success in any future venture.