As a member of the Farm Credit System, CoBank strives to provide a reliable source of financing to Rural America. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest talent to meet our customers’ needs and achieve our goals. The Credit Intern, in our Fargo Office, provides a unique opportunity for active college students to get first-hand experience in the banking industry and Farm Credit System. In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for underwriting credit, attending customer visits with Relationship Managers, and conducting research on an industry relevant topic. Throughout the summer our intern will travel to our corporate office in Denver for two events, first is the intern kick-off event at the beginning of the summer, and second is the capstone project presentation at the end of the summer. This is a paid position for undergraduate and graduate students and will include a living stipend.
This 2021 summer intern position is located in our Fargo, ND office.
- High school diploma and one or more year’s relevant experience or undergraduate/graduate education.
- Currently enrolled in and working toward a degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration & Management, Agribusiness, Ag Economics or related discipline.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic understanding of balance sheets, income statements and cash flows.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to model in Excel.
- Aptitude for learning other software applications.
- Ability to perform research across multiple systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Experience in banking or financial services industry.
CoBank stands strong as a $135 billion enterprise dedicated to the financial needs of rural America. As a national cooperative bank and a proud member of the Farm Credit System it is our mission to serve as a relevant and dependable provider of credit and other value-added financial services. From our headquarters in Denver, Colorado and our regional banking centers across the US, CoBank provides loans, leases, export financing and other financial services to agribusinesses and rural power, water and communications providers in all 50 states.
CoBank will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.) to fill this position.
CoBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.