What does it mean to be part of Cobalt Credit Union?
Being part of Cobalt Credit Union means you will be part of a culture that truly cares about members and employees. Cobalt will take time to prepare and train you to succeed in your current position and help coach you to reach your career goals. Our tuition assistance, job shadowing program, and dedication to promoting from within the company will support you to reach your highest potential. Cobalt’s management team believes in an open door policy and welcomes feedback and suggestions. We are big enough to be recognized in the community, but small enough that you are not just a number.
What qualities are we looking for in our next Mortgage Loan Underwriter?
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Thrive in a fast paced environment with focus on short deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Focus on staying in compliance with a variety of mortgage laws and regulations
- Prior experience in the mortgage industry requiredExperience with FHA and USDA loans preferred
What is a day in the life of a Mortgage Loan Underwriter?
- Underwriting residential first mortgage loans conforming to secondary market, FHA, USDA, or VA guidelines
- Reviewing VA, FHA and USDA appraisals according to applicable guidelines, noting requirements.
- Reviewing conventional and residential investment appraisals noting inadequacies
- Underwriting and credit enhancing investor loans, meeting investor commitment deadlines
- Reviewing personal and business tax returns and determining allowable income
- Updating final automated underwriting submissions
- Updating mortgage loan information on the system
- Verifying pricing on mortgage loans
- Invoicing withdrawn and denied loans and completing credit denials
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and staying current with investor guidelines, including Fannie Mae, VA, FHA, USDA, FHLB and other investors as applicable
- Attendance is an essential function of this position