COOP Dates: May 2021 – December 2021
The Test Technician Intern conducts tests and validation (functional test and durability test) of CLAAS products in North America and Canada.
Main Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Assists with conducting assigned field and lab test activities.
- Designs and builds test parts and/or entire harvest machines in workshop.
- Performs instrumented tests in lab and in the field.
- Presents test results to Engineering group using both written and verbal communication.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
Note: This position includes extensive travel – during harvest expect 80% – 100% travel; valid driver’s license and passport is required
- Extensive stays of 1-3 weeks may be required in support of test and harvest activities. During these times, 1 to 2 weekends in the field is possible.
- Conducts technical exchange with other CLAAS Engineering groups.
- Supports local content design and validation activities.
- Other projects and / or duties as assigned by management.
- Student working toward Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanized Systems Management, or equivalent focus.
- Familiar with agricultural equipment and harvesting practices, farming background preferred.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Vehicle field and lab testing experience desirable; must have operational knowledge of prototype shop machine tools including welding.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CDL.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.