Golf Course Maintenance Intern
The City of Mason City is seeking an individual for a summer Golf Course Maintenance Internship. Mason City is a progressive community of 28,000 people, located halfway between Minneapolis and Des Moines along the Avenue of the Saints Corridor.
Highland Park Golf Course is a municipal golf course operated by the Park & Recreation Board. The golf course was established in 1956 and is comprised of two very distinct nines. The par for eighteen holes is 72 with total yardage of approximately 6,200 yards. The front nine features small greens with tight, tree lined fairways measuring 2,950 yards. The back nine has large greens with long and fairly open fairways measuring 3,250 yards. Both nines have automatic watering systems and some of the best putting surfaces in the area.
We are committed to providing an internship experience that offers career growth through a hands on approach as it relates to turf management, while creating an opportunity for the intern to add value to the facility and team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Daily golf course maintenance.
Mowing, rolling, and bunker maintenance.
Turf equipment operation.
Course setup and tournament preparation and conditioning.
Pesticide and fertilizer programming, application, calibration, and recordkeeping.
Pathogen, pest, and weed identification
Minor maintenance/custodial work.
Small crew leadership of seasonal staff and volunteer workers.
Special requirements include:
· Currently enrolled in an accredited college turf management program.
· May be required to obtain a state pesticide applicator’s license.
Seasonal Hours: Summer 2021, Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm. Weekends as required, days vary.
Starting wage $11-$14/hr.
Apply by one of the following ways:
- Email application (applications can be found at www.masoncity.net under the apply button) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return completed application (applications can be found at www.masoncity.net under the apply button) to City Hall, Human Resources, 10 1st St NW, Mason City IA
- Online application portal at www.masoncity.net
- Call 641-421-3378 for an application or assistance
Interested applicants should apply as soon as possible. Position will be filled as qualified applications are received.
Equal Opportunity Employer