City of Greeley Recreation Lifeguard
The Lifeguard is responsible for the prevention of injury, supervision of patrons, as well as rescue and treatment of patrons at the City of Greeley aquatic facilities. Must be available to work Early Mornings, Days, Evenings, Weekends, Nights, and Holidays. Seasonal and year round, up to 28 hours per week.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Must be 15 years old or older.
· Current certifications in: American Red Cross (or equivalent) Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
· Prior lifeguarding experience preferred.
· Must provide customer service in a professional manner.
· Must possess effective communication skills.
· Ability to demonstrate effective decision making skills.
- Exhibit flexibility, creativity, and efficiency in performing work assignments.
· Attend required staff meetings and trainings.
- Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations making proper judgments as to the correct course of action.
- Ability to resolve conflict quickly and professionally while exhibiting patience in stressful situations.
· Effectively respond to emergency situations and perform lifesaving procedures.
- Ensure safety of guests.
- Maintain a positive rapport with the public by providing high quality customer service to all customers, answer questions, explain and communicate with them in a professional manner.
- Inspect facilities for cleanliness and assist with regular maintenance of pool, deck, and locker rooms.
- Complete necessary paperwork including attendance and chemical logs, incident reports, participant certificates, and other paperwork as necessary
· Effectively enforce rules.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Work performed in indoor and outdoor settings.
· Work may be performed in varying weather conditions.
· Regular exposure to loud noise, fumes, and chemicals.
· Environments may be stressful and involve many interruptions.
· Work involves walking, standing, swimming, stretching, bending, as well as lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.