The Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) engineerperforms technical tasks, such as drafting and electronic layout, utilizing REVIT and AutoCad software. A qualified candidate will be working with office and field staff to prepare Building Information Model (BIM) models of new and existing electrical systems within commercial buildings. These models are used to provide project coordination with other trades, dimensioned shop drawings for prefabrication and field installation, takeoffs using Revit Schedules, assist with preconstruction efforts, and as-built record drawings.
- Modeling will be performed primarily utilizing Revit and additionally AutoCAD.
- Responsible for modeling complete electrical distribution, power, lighting, branch, and low voltage systems as may be required to the level of detail that meets project requirements in the project BIM execution plan.
- Collaboration will be accomplished through the application NavisWorks while performing Coordination / Clash detection.
- VDC Specialist may assist in estimating and performing detailed takeoffs
- Seeking only those employees that are reliable, high attention to detail, punctual, self-motivated, have the drive to self-teach, learn, collaborate and work within teams to complete large scale projects
- Ability to learn and apply BIM technology solutions to overall VDC processes and application in the AEC industry. These include:
- Autodesk BIM 360 Glue.
- Autodesk Revit (Architecture, Structure, MEP).
- Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage .
- Trimble’s Sketch-Up.
- Adobe and/or Bluebeam.
- Revit experience and detailed understanding of its processing including setting up and maintaining jobs, files, families and work sets
- Read and interpret submittals, electrical drawings, and riser diagrams
- Apply AutoDesk Point Layout documentation, workflow and Total Station file preparation to all drawings
- Ability to use most Revit tools within a project. Specifically, to be able to utilize basic tools associated with electrical design such as conduit and cable tray
- Capable of extracting accurate and detailed information from Revit model through schedules.
- This effort would identify quantities and values for construction materials
- Provide dimensioned working/shop drawings for field installation and prefabrication, as well as provide as-built record drawings at the end of the project
- A construction background or electrical experience is preferred, along with an understanding of International Building or National Electrical Codes