CIG Specialist, Fall 2021
Who We’re Looking For
CIG is seeking a kick-ass entry-level PR Specialist to support our fun, hardworking team. The Specialist will work with local and state government and the private sector on projects that transform Colorado. From behavior change public influence campaigns to major transportation and infrastructure initiatives, this individual will contribute to projects that are improving people’s lives.
The ideal candidate values team success, possesses an outstanding work ethic, provides clients with superior customer service, and holds themselves and others to the highest quality standards. You’ll be joining a company culture where our ultimate goal is to attract and keep the best communications professionals on our staff.
What You’ll Do
· Work with project managers to develop public relations, public information and public engagement strategies and tactics that deliver results for clients.
· Draft press releases, media alerts and other media relations tools.
· Assist in the development of campaign strategic plans, public information plans and final reports.
· Assist in developing and distributing marketing materials and project collateral, such as newsletters, flyers, brochures, videos, graphics, digital ads, etc.
· Assist in the creation of communication materials during high-pressure crises.
· Develop, publish and monitor website and social media content.
· Participate in team events and creative brainstorms.
· Compile and track client media clips.
· Assist with event planning and execution, including public meetings and media events.
· Organize and maintain project collateral.
· Compile relevant data and research for clients.
· Communicate effectively and frequently with project managers, clients and teammates.
What We’d Like You to Have
· Experience with public relations, communications or marketing from a college degree, internship or entry-level job.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. If you don’t already understand AP Style, you’re excited to learn about it.
· Excellent organizational skills, the ability to self-manage a weekly work schedule, handle a diverse workload, and complete projects on time with minimal supervision.
· An eagerness to learn about our industry from some of the best in the business.
Bonus qualifications (please identify in cover letter, if applicable):
· Experience working with local/state government.
· Experience working on public behavior campaigns.
· Experience in infrastructure/transportation projects.
· Spanish fluency — writing and speaking.
Note: Even if you don’t have the exact skill set we note above, we strongly encourage you to apply if this role excites you. Experience comes in different forms and we believe in cultivating a company culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth for our employees and diversity of staff perspectives.
What We Offer
Our generous compensation package includes:
· Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
· Company-matched 401(k) savings program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
· Top-of-the-line laptop and smartphone
· Professional development (quarterly performance reviews with leadership, training opportunities, one-on-ones with managers, etc.) and learning stipends
- A positive and supportive team committed to helping all staff develop and grow
Salary Range: $40,500
Submit resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 24, 2021. No phone calls, please.
CIG is a full-service public relations, public information and creative services agency founded in 2006. Whether small or large, all the projects CIG serves have one thing in common — they contribute to the greater good of Colorado. We are passionate about our home state and believe that caring about what you do is the first building block toward successful communications.
CIG is committed to creating a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.