Lake Superior Academy wants every student to leave every day with: a happy heart, an eagerness to learn, and a strong foundation for success.
Lake Superior Academy is a tuition-free, public school serving children in Kindergarten through fifth grade. Classrooms are prepared to have warm and welcoming learning environments. Montessori teaching methods, philosophies and materials are employed to foster creativity and strong problem-solving skills. Daily schedules include 1-2 hours of outdoor exploration and learning. Our teachers hold themselves accountable for student progress and success.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE MONTESSORI EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY.
The Montessori curriculum itself is a proven method of instruction designed for all types of learners, and has been an established model of education for over 100 years. Many parents around the world seek out Montessori education for their children because of its ability to create life-long learners who are confident, self-directed and well-respected. Lake Superior Academy brings together a true community of learners which embraces Maria Montessori’s teachings and her ideals of diversity, peace education and individualized learning. At Lake Superior Academy, we serve the Chippewa County community.
EXCELLENCE IS CHOICE.
Our real masterpiece is the unleashing of human potential. While our main focus is on creating the conditions of success for children to achieve their dreams, we also focus on developing one another through meaningful relationships, challenging work, constructive feedback, sound professional training, and a true commitment to nurturing the career path of each team member.
Part-Time Instructional Aide
If you feel you have what it takes to be part of an educational team that strives for our educational goal every day, please continue to read about our instructional aide vacancy that we are looking to fill for the 2020-2021 school year. This position will be 20 hours per week.
Lake Superior Academy
8936 S Mackinac Trail
Sault Ste Marie, MI 49783
(37 minutes passed the Mackinac Bridge)
Phone:(906) 259-1168 Website: http://lakesuperioracademy.com/
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate with proper endorsements or Bachelors degree preferred.
- 60 college credits required.
- Demonstrated competence as an educator.
- Montessori experience preferred.
- Computer literate with excellent verbal and written expression.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a collaborative environment.
- Accepts responsibility for the achievement of students.
- Shares a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Academy.
- Guides the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals and implementation of personal learning plans of students.
- Demonstrates effective planning and organization for instruction.
- Selects appropriate materials for implementation of the curriculum and adapts materials and methods to learning styles and abilities of students.
- Uses creative instructional methods and procedures and adapts effectively to unusual situations.
- Motivates students to achieve at their highest level of ability and potential through small group or one on one activities, assignments, relationships, participation and feedback; holds high expectations and demonstrates sensitivity to different learning styles.
- Uses resources effectively to support learning activities in the classroom, the Academy, and the community.
- Demonstrates exceptional classroom techniques which include the art of questioning, clarity of assignments, communications in large and small groups with individual students, an atmosphere of mutual respect, independent thought and expression, and student and teacher experiences.
- Works cooperatively with parents and generates parents’ confidence in the role.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for students in a climate characterized by high personal and student expectations.
- Promotes good citizenship through actions as a role model.
- Provides an atmosphere based on the principles of firm, fair, and consistent practices, respect for individual children, and development of responsible citizenship.
- Participates in the development of polices and regulations that affect instruction and conditions of success.
- Uses technology effectively for instruction, record keeping and other administrative tasks, and communications.
- Shares responsibility for professional, cooperative staff relations and for out-of-class activities important to the operation of the Academy.
- Conducts himself or herself according to professional, ethical principles.
- Continually strives to improve instructional methods, teaching techniques, and interpersonal relationships.
- Shares responsibility for marketing the Academy in the community.
- Displays personal qualities, which reflect favorably upon the individual, the group, and the Academy.
- Displays pride in being an educational professional and a member of the Academy.
- Assumes other responsibilities assigned by the Principal.
To provide students with a first class learning experience, contributing to their development as responsible citizens and leaders in their communities.
TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM
To apply, please visit: https://choice.workbrightats.com/jobs/
Please contact Sara Hogle, Human Resources Generalist directly with questions at email@example.com.
Choice is an Education Service Provider for charter schools in Michigan and is the employer. Please visit www.choiceschools.com for more information. EEOC