Chief Agri is seeking a Product Design Engineer-Material Handling to join the Chief team. This position will develop new design products for the grain handling conveyance product line, will collaborate with an international team of engineers to create products that meet international codes/regulations, and will occasionally travel to job sites to evaluate applications and consult with customers.
- Uses proven engineering techniques to complete assessments and projects.
- Develops and assists on new design and process techniques.
- Performs required calculations for the design of complete projects and collaborates on designs and calculations performed by others. Works collaboratively with engineers of all disciplines.
- Creates computer analysis models.
- Answers questions from sales personnel and customers. Visits customer sites to evaluate applications and issues as needed.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Structural/Civil, or Agricultural Engineering required.
- Experience with 3D Parametric design software (Solidworks is currently used) is desired.
- EIT certificate or 3+ years of Engineering experience preferred.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.