Under general supervision of the Senior Vice President of Advancement, the Grants and Scholarship Manager is responsible for the management and development of all grant and scholarship data collection and reports, and serves as the grants management expert for the University’s gift from Bloomberg Philanthropies among other grants. Maintains a high level of operational expertise in grants and budget management activities and has the requisite experience to manage and coordinate scholarship application processes and reporting to donors/sponsors as necessary and required.
• Grants Management and Reporting
• Provides guidance to Principal Investigator on proposal goals and objectives being met/unmet; if unmet provide recommendations for remediation including but not limited to resource constraints and collaboration with other departments.
• Coordinate with institutional offices in obtaining documents for the reports including information needed to evaluate the grant and to manage the grant budget; etc.
• Work with students, Deans, Program Directors, etc. to get the information needed to process their scholarship or loan repayment awards; to gather baseline and periodic survey data.
• Review incoming information for grant reporting for conformance with sponsor guidelines.
• Manage and assist with grant report submissions (paper and electronic).
• Participate in all site visits, conferences/webinars by the sponsors regarding the funded program.
• Liaison between Office of Sponsored Programs and the Principal Investigator and the sponsoring agencies
• Identify External Scholarship Funding Opportunities
• Assist students in identifying possible funding opportunities.
• Working with student services and the office of financial aid to disseminate funding opportunities from endowed scholarship funds, share scholarship opportunities from federal, state, and local agencies including foundations and corporations on an ongoing basis.
• Develops scholarship application processes as needed
• Convenes scholarship committee to periodically award new scholarships as necessary
• Helps scholars to prepare thank you notes and letters to donors/sponsors
• Process and/or approve payments for grants and scholarships and benevolence funds
• Prepare invoices and/or approve invoices for student scholarship payments.
• Approves invoices for expense items associated with the grant.
• Follow-up with scholars to obtain bios and other information needed for donor stewardship purposes
• Manages the approved grant budget and recommends a request for budget modification based on anticipated under/over/unplanned expenses.
• Assist principal investigator and administrator on the development of complex multiyear proposed budgets.
• Ensure the proposed budget adheres to university and sponsor guidelines, verify institutional base salary, fringe benefit rates, and allowable indirect cost rate
• Works in concert with Dean of Student Affairs to respond to student requests for benevolence funds
• Coordinates Networking Events/Professional Development
• Coordinates scholar participation in wrap-around service activities including networking events sponsored by the funder and/or other professional development events and conferences
• Prepares travel reimbursement for approved expenses and/or prepares event registration/travel itineraries in accordance with Dean or designee
• Maintains a record-keeping system to report data such as # of students participating in events and other professional development activities, # of students funded and average cost per student, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Regionally accredited Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) in relevant field required or equivalent experience.
• Four to seven (4-7) years of extensive experience in an institution of higher education and/or research institution developing, implementing, and managing grants.
• Experience in grants and program management or coordination.
• Experience in budget preparation, and negotiations with vendors.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in and external to the department as well as independently.
• Experience in grants reporting or program evaluation activities.
• Ability to set priorities to accomplish goals; ability to exercise sound judgment and to coordinate the complexities of grant and scholarship administration
• Ability to analyze complex situations, identify workable solutions and effectively balance customer service with regulatory compliance, etc.
• Knowledge of federal regulations related to grant development and management (OMB) Uniform Guidance
• Knowledge of budget development and management.
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
• Strong management interpersonal communication and writing skills.
• Excellent judgment, independent creative problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of a team in a high-stressed office environment
• Demonstrated ability to perform independent analysis and to take initiative.
• Competency in generating a variety of reports using Excel and Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365 including database for grant tracking and reporting
Special Requirements: Ability to work effectively with a diverse community
Category: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1