The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing primary general administrative and programmatic support to the Office of Strategic Advancement (OSA) and direct support to the Sr. Vice President of Strategic Advancement (SVPSA) under the direction of the SVPSA. The Administrative Assistant also assists with data entry, data queries, and data reporting needed to determine the integrity of data within the Raiser’s Edge database. The Administrative Assistant is expected to greet and interact with government officials and their staff, campus administrators, faculty, staff, alumni, university neighbors, and community groups who visit the Office of Strategic Advancement.
Data Entry & Technical Support (30%)
• Performs procurement functions for the OSA through eRequestor and processes incoming invoices for payment incoming from vendors, contractors/consultants, and reconciles OSA American Express charges monthly.
• Prepares eRequestor requests for travel reimbursement, memberships, event sponsorships, etc.
• Prepares OSA Personnel Action Forms using the ePAF system.
• Enters data to Raiser’s Edge, establishes data queries and exports data required for mailings, telephone solicitation, guest lists, event registrations, etc. and maintains a centralized database of contacts for the VPSA.
• Provides technical support to OSA team members—in terms of cell phone, events management tablets, and personal computer application functionality and provides AV support for meetings and interviews through Skype.
• Serves as primary liaison for repairs to office equipment—copiers/scanner/facsimile machines; and troubleshoots periodic malfunctions
Calendar Coordination & Meeting Planning (30%)
• Manages the SVPSA calendar and arranges conference calls and meetings for the SVPSA.
• Prepares draft agendas for SVPSA meetings with the OSA Team, Board Development Committee, and other meetings as needed.
• Assists with the organization of office events
• Coordinates SVPSA and other OSA team member travel itineraries (flights, hotels, conference registration etc.).
• Prepares and edits draft letters of thanks to donors and other general correspondence for signature by the University President or Sr. Vice President of Strategic Advancement.
• Prepares meeting minutes for the Board Development Committee.
• Performs general administrative assistant duties including answering telephones, routing telephone calls, and responding to general telephone inquiries and maintains a centralized database of contacts for the Advancement Unit.
• Maintains and orders office supplies and University promotional items and keeps an office inventory of supplies and promotional items on-hand.
• Maintains the electronic archives of OSA files.
• Follow up on specific inquiries and/or collect information from others regarding meeting logistics or other projects
General Office (10%)
• Welcomes CDU business partners, applicants/interview candidates, and guests.
• Supports mass mailing and mass copying
• Prepares file folder labels and hanging files—general office filing
• Initiates work order requests w/campus depts. like facilities (maintenance and custodial)
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Regionally accredited Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent of combined education and experience in the related field preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in an office environment, including providing direct support to an Executive and general administrative support to staff within a development, events production, communications, and alumni office.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel (2010), and Adobe Acrobat
• Advanced word-processing, spreadsheet and data entry skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent telephone manner
• Extremely detail-oriented; strong organizational skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Category: Part Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
EEO Statement: Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Date: 10/30/2020