Central MN Mental Health Center has an opportunity for a Part-Time Certified Peer Specialist in our Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS). The Certified Peer Specialist is an active member of an evidence-based clinical team, providing medically-necessary treatment, rehabilitation and support services to identified recipients with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI). The Duties may include but are not limited to:
· Functions as a role model to peers; exhibiting competency in personal recovery and use of coping skills.
· Works with clients and other treatment staff to develop a treatment/recovery plan based on each client’s identified goals.
· Assists clients in developing empowerment skills and combating stigma through self-advocacy.
· Serves as a consumer advocate, providing consumer information and peer support for clients in outpatient and inpatient settings.
This position would include Evening, Weekend, Holiday and On-Call hours.
The wage range for this position is $14.00-$16.80. The starting salary for each application will be based on years of experience for the position.
The position knows and abides by all CMMHC organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The position understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Have or had a primary diagnosis of mental illness
- Be a current or former consumer of mental health services
- Successful completion of the Department approved Certified Peer Specialist training and certification exam.
- Clear DHS background study and sexual exploitations screening
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Is at least 21 years of age
CMMHC’s Workplace Culture:
· Supportive atmosphere both professionally and personally
· Positive and fun
· Work allows for variety with types of client issues, ages, genders, life issues
· Ability to work toward personal goals to better every CMMHC’s employees work experience
· CMMHC is truly respectful towards employees and clients from the top down
· Smoke free facility and grounds (click here for CMMHC’s smoking policy)
Central Minnesota Mental Health Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.