The Center for EcoTechnology has been helping people and businesses save energy and reduce waste for almost 45 years. Working with partners throughout the region, we’re helping transform the way we live and work for a better community and economy with practical solutions that have a positive impact on our environment. We serve residents, businesses and communities in the areas of energy efficiency and waste reduction and through our retail store, EcoBuilding Bargains. We make green make sense!
The Center for EcoTechnology is seeking qualified college graduate candidates for an 11-month full-time paid fellowship position working with our staff on a range of activities related to climate action initiatives and educational programming in western Massachusetts. The EcoFellows support CET’s initiatives to assist residents, institutions and businesses across the region with ongoing programs in energy efficiency and waste reduction, and also have an active role in community outreach and education, communications, and the promotion of our store, EcoBuilding Bargains.
The EcoFellowship begins with a two-week orientation and in-depth trainings by CET professionals in subjects related to our programs and services, and receive professional development exploring a variety of relevant topics throughout the fellowship. EcoFellows also receive bi-weekly mentoring sessions and in-depth career development support during the fellowship.
The EcoFellowship is a remote position, with the opportunity for optional in-person work depending on safety guidelines.
- We are looking for creative and energetic college graduates (bachelor degree required) with an interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy technologies, climate change, recycling and resource conservation. Previous experience through volunteering, internships and/or professional work is required.
- Commitment to the entire Fellowship program, from August 9, 2021 to June 30, 2022, is required.
- Fellows work a flexible schedule (40 hours/week) that requires some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Computer skills required, experience in creative uses of social media and/or graphic design preferred.
- Background checks and drug testing will be required for all positions.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: Pays $15/hour, with an additional $2,000 bonus upon completion of the program.
- Benefits: Health Insurance; paid sick, holiday and vacation; 403(b), supplies and mileage reimbursement
- Professional Development: Two-week orientation; monthly professional development opportunities, opportunity to attend conferences, networking and career development
Must be able to work effectively from a home office including a workspace free from distractions and have a comfortable, ergonomic work station. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and use a computer keyboard. Must have a mobile or landline phone.
- We begin accepting applications in January. Applications are accepted directly through our careers page.
- Candidates submit a cover letter, resume, and a 200-word writing sample.
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a brief informational interview and overview, followed by an interview with the hiring committee.
Offers: Position placements will be offered by early April.
Placement: August 9, 2021 to June 30, 2022
CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.