Are you pursuing a degree in Education, Human Services or Child Youth and Family Studies?! Would like to find a job that will help you gain experience in this area?! Our Child Specialist position within our before and after school programs might be the right fit for you!
CEDARS is hiring 2 Child Specialists to join our Clinton and Hartley Community Learning Center Team!
WHO WE ARE:
At CEDARS, we are a team of professionals with a deep commitment to caring. As a team, CEDARS vision is strong. We strive to be:
- fully devoted to our mission of helping kids in crisis and building strong families,
- are committed to building a team that represents a variety of background and perspectives,
- known for the quality of our services, persistent in our organizational integrity,
- successful as an independent leader in the protection and development of vulnerable children and the strengthening of their families,
- strong in our human and financial resources,
- and balanced as we meet the needs of our children and families today, while building our organizational strength to provide quality services in the future.
WHAT WE DO:
CEDARS helps children and youth achieve safety, stability, and enduring family relationships. As an organization, we are devoted to helping kids in crisis and building strong families with quality services and persistent integrity. CEDARS has been serving vulnerable children and youth for over 70 years with a committed and experienced staff and a unique wrap-around approach to helping kids and families.
DIVERSITY AT CEDARS:
At CEDARS, we embrace diversity, and we know the journey towards belonging never ends. Click [here] to learn more about our journey.
THE CEDARS COMMUNITY LEARNING CENTER:
- Provides students with positive experiences, enrichment, and academic clubs that help them become lifelong learners
- Is an extension of the school day, and encourages collaboration among the school, community and each child’s family
- Provides safe, supervised and cost-effective before- and after-school and summer enrichment activities for youth
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE TEAM:
- Work as a Group Leader for elementary students in the mornings and afternoons
- Provide group supervision
- Implement daily planned activities
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 7am-9pm and 2:30pm-6pm with additional hours available during non-school days
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- You are a great communicator
- You have classroom management skills
- You have a basic understanding of routines and expectations for school age children
- You have previous experience working with school age children
- You are 19 years of age or older
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You are pursuing a degree in education or related field
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
If you are passionate about helping children and youth and building stronger families, CEDARS may be the right FIT for you!