Position Title: SSVF Case Manager (Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program); Social Work
Location: Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Apply online at: https://www.ccsomo.org/employment/
The SSVF Case Manager/Family Strengthening Coordinator will work with individuals and families to provide community prevention programs using the Family Strengthening Framework to help families succeed on a path out of poverty. The primary focus will be with Veterans and their families through the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program. This position will provide outreach to reach potential clients to include, however not be limited to, building relationships with community organizations, churches, social services providers, VA representatives, medical facilities and landlords to facilitate referrals throughout Southwestern Missouri. This program offers assistance in meeting basic needs and securing services, is flexible in the delivery of services, responds quickly and flexibly to family and community needs, and builds on family and community strengths. The program is focused on recognizing families’ strengths, building on them and empowering families so that they are more capable of carrying out their responsibilities and becoming self-sufficient. The individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse population of impoverished persons. This position must have a thorough understanding of case management skills including the ability to encourage self-determination, develop a housing plan and provide appropriate referrals and supportive services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Commitment to Mission, Vision, and Values of CCSOMO
- Develop a relationship with clients and their families so as to provide advocacy and direction to ensure the client has the best means to reach self-sufficiency.
- Provide highly skilled and culturally sensitive services to diverse populations.
- Identify, engage and provide services for participants that will increase resiliency and lead to self-sufficiency.
- Advocate and interact with other service providers on behalf of clients.
- Work with collaborating services such as landlords and utility companies to facilitate services to clients.
- Provide case management with each client in combination of phone and face-to-face visits.
- Provide housing stability case management services for homeless and at risk of homeless individuals and families.
- Provide accurate written documentation of both face-to-face and phone visits in paper, HMIS files, and CCSOMO client database.
- Audit client charts for compliance with grant provisions, family strengthening case management and outcome measurement.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Work with clients regarding assistance with benefit and entitlement screening, job placement assistance and career advancement through resume development and writing, job search and strategy, interview skills and development, and access to local resources.
- Assist clients with accessing educational achievement services (GED, Trade/Technical School, Higher education enrollment).
- Assist clients in accessing services.
- Complete both written and data based documentation as noted as well as access to supportive services
- Develop, implement, and monitor the housing stability plan and case management.
- Interact with service providers, churches, medical facilities to advocate for clients as well as to facilitate referrals.
- Attend community meetings as determined by the supervisor.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of duties and responsibilities but are not intended to be an exhaustive list for this position.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Licensure, and Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree required; Social Work/BSW preferred.
Experience in case management and a comprehensive knowledge of social services and referral resources, for families in Missouri area preferred. Experience in motivational interviewing preferred. Previous work with veterans desired.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
- Must have experience and a willingness to work in a fast paced social service, faith-based environment serving individuals and families from low to impoverished backgrounds.
- Must be a self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills and able to build and maintain partnership internally and externally.
- Extensive knowledge of and competency in case management
- Strong speaking and listening skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong customer/client services orientation
- Sound judgment and decisiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of social services and referral resources for Veterans and their families in Van Buren and surrounding counties.
- Computer data entry skills; specific skills in Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel; in Google drive.
- Ability to maintain timely, legible, clear, concise and well-organized records of services provided.
- Must be able and willing to travel for client visits and outreach across multiple counties.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required for out of town training.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of automobile insurance required.
- Will need to see clients in various settings which include but are not limited to: agency, meeting space, parish location, or in the client’s home to increase access to services.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- May be extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
Wages and Benefits
Wages are competitive, based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits include a full range of health insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription), pension plan contributions, vacation, and other benefits as detailed in the Catholic Charities of Southern Missouri Employee Handbook.
Apply online at: https://www.ccsomo.org/employment/
Upon completion of online application, you will receive an email with pre-screen questions for this position.