This is a temporary entry-level management position within the Human Resources Generalist career path. To provide assistance and support of various human resource services and functions.
This position may develop and recommend solutions to problems of limited scope and complexity. The incumbent generally resolves issues following departmental guidelines or applying a solution that worked in the past. The incumbent can change different parts of the standard approach to serve customers best but cannot add or delete procedures without approval. The incumbent works under direct supervision and follows defined policies and procedures
The job functions could include some or all of the following:
- Owning the New Employee Experience including organizing and presenting New Employee Orientation.
- Tracking and reporting on metrics and measurements for human resource functions and providing data to management.
- Interact with and counsel all levels of management, salaried & hourly employees, to assist and resolve a wide variety of personnel, wage/salary and benefit related issues.
- Coach employees and leaders on Human Resources self-service functions
- Investigate and protest unemployment claims by gathering separation background, knowledge and paperwork.
Interface with Corporate Human Resources, Total Rewards and Payroll personnel to assist and support employee issues and problems in some or all of the following areas:
- Performance Management Process.
- Relocations / International Service Employee Issues.
- Communication of human resources related material.
- Employee Survey analysis and communication
- Performance of duties associated with Governmental regulations and internal investigations.
- Liaise between corporate payroll and supervisors on Kronos questions.
- Support Learning initiatives.
- Various other human resources related duties as assigned.
- College or university degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience Customer Service
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Human relations and effective communications skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside of department
Top Candidates will also have
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Focus on Inclusion, diversity and teamwork
- Ability to present material in front of small or large groups, in person or in a virtual environment.
- Knowledge of employment laws/regulations, or the ability and desire to learn
- Project management
- Location: Wamego, KS
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .