- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics, or related Business field preferred or equivalent work experience in a directly related role.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant experience in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics or related Business field.
- Thorough understanding of convenience store industry with deep understanding of the fuel supply chain.
- Demonstrated expertise with Excel and/or Access.
- Knowledge and experience managing predefined performance metrics while refining based on market changes.
- Understanding of how to utilize third party fuel pricing optimization tools to execute on corporate level and market level goals.
- Current knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to retail fuel pricing.
- Sound decision-making, planning, prioritization and critical thinking skills that can be tested in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple activities/projects, and strong detail orientation.
- Ability to assess performance, make improvements and take appropriate action in real time setting.
- Outstanding guest relations skills are required as well which includes maintaining interpersonal business relationships internally.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present clear and concise business results/plans through PowerPoint and other presentation programs.
Under limited supervision, responsible for analyzing store level fuel sales data, margin and competition in order to maximize volume and profit margin. The Fuel Pricing Analyst will identify strategic opportunities at the site level to enhance net contribution through optimal product and octane offer. Additionally, the role will monitor retail-pricing trends at a micro and macro level to support leadership in refining store support center level fuel pricing strategies. This role will also work across the fuel organization as a subject matter expert for small and midsize fuel projects.
- Review store level data in assigned pricing area to determine appropriate retail fuel pricing strategies and day to day fuel pricing tactics.
- Develop and execute effective pricing strategies for assigned group of stores while supporting peers as a sanity check for their strategies. Execute strategies and suggest changes as needed based on a multitude of factors include market conditions, company targets, competition changes, etc.
- Review gasoline, diesel, and specialty fuel price surveys from field personnel and execute appropriate price changes.
- Review fuel pricing competitor sets and make suggestions based on macro and micro market information.
- Responsible for executing fuel pricing strategy for new stores while suggesting and executing variations of strategy based on volume, margin and competitor response.
- Establish business plan to define how the Company will compete with local, regional and state-level fuel competitors.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and create best-in-class solutions.
- Plan and forecast fuel sales and margin for assigned area on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Participate in bottom up budgeting process for sales and volume for assigned group of stores.
- Partner with Operations personnel to identify opportunities to enhance pricing tactics and offset uncontrollable factors eroding volume.
- Identify opportunities to adjust spreads for secondary products as well as support Fuel Product manager in research of niche products to identify level of participation.
- Keep abreast with Federal, State and Local laws and regulations related to retail fuel pricing.