Who We Are
In an increasingly complex world where people are starving for someone they can trust, we stand for something simple: always put the client first. We do well by doing good for those we serve. It’s the ultimate measure. We believe in providing value beyond a doubt and in the notion that time will either expose you or promote you, based on your willingness to embrace change.
We serve financial advisors and investors through three entities, each headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska: Carson Wealth, Carson Coaching and Carson Partners. We provide coaching and partnership services to advisor firms – and straightforward financial advice to the investing public. We all share a common mission to be the most trusted in financial advice.
Who We Want
We are currently looking for an Investment Analyst who has an excellent academic record with strong analytical skills. The ideal candidate should have prior experience of conducting quantitative and/or qualitative investment research. The candidate MUST possess proficiency in Microsoft Excel and exposure to investment software as well as the ability to collaborate with teammates to solve problems quickly and effectively. We seek individuals who are above-average, innovative, agile and intellectually driven with an intense curiosity of learning about financial markets and investment research. The candidate would have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced PMs, fundamental analysts, quantitative researchers, and macro experts with Ph.D., CFA and CAIA charters.
What To Expect
- Perform quantitative screening of stocks based on multi factors using the principles of low volatility and value investing
- Perform basic fundamental research of stocks based on earning, news and price trends
- Help Portfolio Managers with trading, alpha/factor research and management of portfolios
- Participate in quantitative and qualitative analysis on investment strategies
- Monitor developments with companies and targeted sectors
- Study and report industry trends related to the holdings in the portfolios
- Screen for new investment ideas/strategies
- Help Portfolio Managers in extracting, managing and analyzing data
- Assist Portfolio Managers in writing trade notifications on various trading models
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
What You Need
- Undergraduate degree in investment, finance or related discipline
- MUST be enrolled in the CFA program, and progress toward CFA charter is a plus
- 1-3 years of investment analyst experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative / research, and computer skills
- MUST have expert or advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability work in fast pace and adapt to a changing environment with skills to handle multiple priorities
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1-3+ years of Investment Analyst or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in investments, finance, or other relevant field
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a base salary, bonus potential, 401(k) plus matching, health benefits, and a great working environment. This is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. Our culture is fast-paced, motivational and focused on healthy living. Smokers need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.