MicroConnex is an engineering solutions provider and specialty contract manufacturer of high density, flexible interconnect devices and space transformers. Our customers span start-up to Fortune 50 companies serving the medical, semiconductor test and measurement and industrial sensor markets. As a Carlisle Interconnect Technologies Company, our addressable markets are growing rapidly and MicroConnex is seeking qualified, high energy candidates to join our team.
MicroConnex has an immediate opening for an experienced facilities manager to lead the design, layout, operation, and capital project management for the existing facility and future expansion. The facilities manager will ensure that mission critical infrastructure systems including cleanroom controls (temperature, humidity, and particulates), water supply systems (DI and city water), gas supply systems and compressed air supply systems meet performance requirements defined by the process engineering team and are appropriately monitored and maintained to ensure reliable and uninterrupted performance of the manufacturing operation. As-built drawings of all facility-related piping, electrical, HVAC, and air emissions systems will be owned and managed by the facilities manager. The facilities manager will report to the Director of Operations and will act as a team leader for staff supporting the physical plant, process equipment, IT infrastructure and Environmental Health and Safety. This position is a hands-on, “working manager” role with equal time to be spent managing the work of others and delivery against day to day and longer-term commitments as an individual contributor.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a desire for continuous improvement of self and surroundings. Total compensation will be competitive and depends on experience.
• Experience supporting microfabrication process equipment facility requirements, installation, and qualification; direct experience with cleanroom design and operations preferred (thermal, humidity and particle controls).
• Project management of significant budgets and complexity; Design and operation of H-4 occupancy facilities a plus.
• Direct experience in specification, installation, operation, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems and equipment.
• Skilled using Microsoft Office and basic computer skills; especially MS Project, Excel and Power Point.
• Functional use of CAD programs; Experience using JMP statistical analysis software a plus.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
• Certified in Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Industrial Engineering degree or equivalent work experience required. Candidates with alternative education or training considered with demonstrated experience.