Cardinal Education is seeking a Writing Coach to join our team! We are an extremely dynamic and collaborative company focused on providing top-tier expertise in admissions and tutoring to families.
As part of a rapidly-growing enterprise, Coaches have the opportunity to make a significant impact from day one. We heavily invest in our Coaches to develop exceptional professional and coaching skills.
If you are someone interested in working in the education industry, taking time off to apply to graduate programs, or supplementing your income with rewarding, stimulating work, this is an excellent opportunity for you!
IMPORTANT NOTES: Cardinal Education does not require an exclusivity contract for Part-Time Academic Coaches. This position allows for flexible hours, with Coaches requesting a standard schedule of between 3 and 30 hours per week. Cardinal Education does not guarantee the requested number of weekly hours; hours are dependent on the candidate’s performance in training and client demand.
- Become one-on-one academic mentors for students by providing the support they need in writing
- Execute individualized study plans to improve students’ writing skills and organization
- Guide students toward success in their English curriculum
- Prepare lesson plans, find supplemental material, and communicate with families to ensure progress
- Complete our comprehensive training programs that equip you to successfully:
- Identify students’ unique strengths and weaknesses
- Build students’ curiosity and confidence in their own abilities
- Change students’ lives by reducing stress and guiding them through academic struggles
- Ability to commit to working with students through the current school year, including summer
- Ability to work at least 3 hours per week
- High level of enthusiasm and sociability
- Ability to meet students in-person post-covid is preferred.
- Experience in tutoring and mentoring students
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or literature from a nationally accredited university
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in creative writing or literature is highly preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently yet dutifully within company pedagogy and processes
- Apply relentless dedication to delivering results
- Drive to help cultivate student thinking so that students become well-rounded and no longer need coaching
- The ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of people including executives, students, and other tutors
Our office is currently closed. Please direct any inquiry to us via email.