Cardinal Education is seeking a Robotics Coach for a student in 11th grade! The student is an advanced beginner in Robotics, with extensive experience in VEX robotics. We are looking for a mentor who can help the student set up a workshop in her home with materials provided by the family, and teach facets of hardware and software, to meaningfully pursue an independent study project adapted to the student’s needs. An example of the student’s interest is in converting a riding lawnmower to an autonomous lawnmower.
As part of a rapidly-growing enterprise, coaches have the opportunity to make a significant impact from day one. We heavily invest in our coaches to develop exceptional professional and coaching skills.
If you are someone interested in working in the education industry or supplementing your income with rewarding, stimulating work, this is an excellent opportunity for you!
IMPORTANT NOTES: Cardinal Education does not require an exclusivity contract for part-time Academic Coaches. This position allows for flexible hours, with coaches requesting a standard schedule of between 1.5 and 30 hours per week. Cardinal Education does not guarantee the requested number of weekly hours; hours are dependent on the candidate’s performance in training and client demand.
- Teach Coding, Robotics, and AI to the student.
- Assist with developing or owning a personalized curriculum, teaching materials/ aids, lesson plans, and projects
- Complete feedback on the student after each tutoring session in system to communicate progress to parents
- Perform student assessment during trial sessions and at periodic intervals as deemed by the management
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional technology and soft skills.
- Keen interest in coaching and working with students in high school.
- Ability to commit to working with the client through the current school year, including summer
- Ability to work at least 1.5 hours per week
- Experience in tutoring
- In-person or online Hackathon experience (mentor, judge, end-to-end execution).
- Bachelor’s Degree completed or in-progress (Engineering degree highly preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently yet dutifully within company pedagogy and processes
- Apply relentless dedication to delivering results
- Drive to help cultivate student thinking so that students become well-rounded and no longer need coaching
- The ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of people including executives, students, and other tutors