- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Ag Economics, Ag Business or related field, or experience deemed equivalent by Capital Farm Credit.
- Three or more years of experience as a loan officer/credit analyst or other equivalent lending experience.
- This position will require registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System and a successful candidate must meet the association’s requirements to be a registered Mortgage Loan Originator.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Develops and manages loan portfolios including loan originations in the trade area served by the association.
- Assists prospective and current borrowers with their credit needs and with formulating solutions to credit related issues.
- Makes and services loans and leases within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies.
- Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing.
- Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Develops and contributes to business development plans and implements business development practices across the assigned territory with an impetus on growth in the loan portfolio.
- Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial releases, subordination’s to mineral leases and right of ways, division orders, reamortizations, assumptions, severance agreements, and insurance claims.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Other lending functions as directed by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic to moderate skill set in Microsoft Office Applications.
- General knowledge of accounting and financial systems.
- Ability to perform intermediate level accounting and financial analysis under moderate supervision.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.