What are your plans after graduation? Do you want to try something new?
Participate in a Gap Year and learn valuable skills while living a sustainable lifestyle.
Volunteers at Camphill Village Copake gain practical skills such as biodynamic and organic gardening, farming, baking, crafting, woodworking and basic homesteading skills. Volunteers join our community from around the world for at least one year and sometimes longer.
Camphill Village is situated on 615 acres of wooded hills, gardens and pastures in upstate New York. Volunteers live in extended family style homes along with adults with developmental differences and everyone contributes in a way that is meaningful to them.
Volunteers are responsible for supporting people with developmental differences in their activities of daily living and to integrate actively into the house community. This could include:
· Personal care
· Cooking meals
· Cleaning common spaces
· Emotional support
· Joining housemates in social outings
· Participating in house meetings
· Supporting workplaces around the village
· Must be 18 years or older
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to perform well in an environment that requires compassion, helpfulness, patience and resourcefulness
· Willingness to learn and take responsibility
· Must pass a background check
· Monthly allowance for incidental expenses
· Medical insurance from arrival until departure
· Free room and board (private room in a community house)
· 3 weeks of paid vacation
· Student Loan payments ($250-$500/month)
· Toiletries and daily living items
· Daily organic, fresh meals
· One full day off during the week