We are currently seeking an energetic and experienced Program Director for our growing nonprofit summer camp in northern Minnesota. Individuals interested in furthering their camp career and/or seeking an eventual position as a Camp Director are strongly encouraged to apply.
Design and deliver camp program activities and events under the supervision of the Camp Director, while assisting in the overall management of camp operations.
- Implement engaging, yet safe, programs for both day and residential campers.
- Coordinate and manage all program schedules, including last-minute alterations due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Monitor and supervise all program staff. Evaluate performance and provide feedback and guidance, including constructive criticism when appropriate.
- Lead program activities and events in the absence of program staff. Participate enthusiastically in all programs, serving as a positive example for campers and staff.
- Provide, and monitor, guidelines for utilizing program equipment. Oversee daily checks of program areas and equipment for cleanliness and safety.
- Ensure campers and staff follow appropriate emergency and safety procedures in all program areas.
- Assist in the care and management of the camp facilities and operations.
- Make any recommendations and immediately report all concerns to the Camp Director.
- At least 21 years of age. College degree preferred.
- Prior camp experience. At least two years administrative or leadership experience.
- Experience in the design and delivery of activities and programs for youth.
- A desire to continue working in the camping/outdoor education environment.
Physical requirements include bending, lifting, sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, running, and swimming. Hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and a normal range of eye-sight and hearing required to communicate with staff and manipulate camp equipment. Must operate with daily exposure to the cold, heat, rain, sun, and varying other weather conditions, as well as under irregular working hours in a camp environment.