What’s In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow’s energy network. Your work as an intern can impact millions of people who depend on electricity for their everyday lives.
- You will get “real world” experience to begin or further your career pursuits in the energy industry. This is a paid intern position for 10 -12 weeks during summer 2021.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- Opportunities to interact with the CEO and the Executive team of the ISO
- Invitations to seminars on the latest energy industry topics such as renewables, electric cars and micro grids.
- Potential field trips.
- Social activities with other interns such as barbecues and movie nights.
- You get to work on our “green” LEED certified Folsom, California campus with some of the brightest people in the industry.
What You Will Be Doing
Past Assignments have included work such as:
- Participation in project implementation teams to ensure successful implementation of key power systems software applications projects.
- Learn about our new Energy Management System (EMS) software and upgrade.
- Perform outage studies, application testing, tool development and modeling updates.
- Create new tools and other automations to support outage studies and improve efficiencies of processes.
- Use engineering models to identify market impacts and present reports subject to industry, regulatory, and peer review
Level of Education and Discipline
- Currently in an Undergraduate, Master’s degree (MS) or PhD program in Electrical Engineering or related field. Degree program with a Power systems focus strongly desired.
- Graduating December of 2021 or later.
Amount of Experience
- Previous internships, research or work experience within electric industry is desired.
- Research and or studies in energy industry highly desired.
Type of Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills highly desirable.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills required.
Additional skills and abilities
- Strong understanding of Power Systems concepts
- Familiarity running power flow studies within PSLF, PSSE, PowerWorld, or MATLAB desired