The Buro Happold Cities teams in New York City and Los Angeles are seeking a graduate-level, full-time or part-time intern to work with us this spring. Our interns are exposed to a wide range of exciting, precedent-making projects involving urban planning and policy, climate adaptation and mitigation, sustainability, and economic development This specific opportunity is for a consulting role supporting climate action, urban planning, and economic development projects.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
· Perform research and organize results in a clear and coherent manner
· Compile, organize, and analyze data from a variety of sources
· Perform geospatial analysis and visualization for a range of geographies
· Generate initial findings and recommendations for strategy development
· Provide visual and written support for client meetings and presentations
· Provide graphic design and editing for reports, memos, and presentations
· Assist with business development functions
· Participate in workshop sessions and project management meetings with internal team and subconsultants
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation. In return we ask you to bring the following:
· Enrolled in a Master’s degree or equivalent in urban planning, urban policy, engineering, real estate development or similar preferred
· Self-starter with a curious mind, professional demeanor, and a good sense of humor
· Knowledge of and/or interest in climate change, sustainability, urban planning, and land use policy
· Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team to execute project deliverables within a given timeframe
· Ability to research and synthesize information on a range of topics for multiple audience types
· Ability to perform quantitative analysis using tabular and structured data (Microsoft Excel, Python, SQL)
· Experience with PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
· Experience using GIS software to analyze and visualize geospatial data (ArcGIS, QGIS)
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!