2021 U.S. Senior Open Championship
REPORTING TO: David Fox, Championship Director
LOCATION: Omaha Country Club, Omaha, Nebraska
DATES: March 15 – July 23, 2021 (Start/End Dates are Flexible)
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
Bruno Event Team is a Birmingham, Alabama-based sports marketing and event management company formed in 1996 by Ronald Bruno and Gene Hallman. We are experienced in all facets of event management, employing a year-round staff of more than 50 employees in 10 offices in the United States. Working with our affiliated companies and divisions, Bruno Event Team services each client with expertise in all aspects of event management, marketing, and operations. We maintain a steadfast commitment to excellence utilizing vast experience, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
Omaha Country Club will host of the 41st U.S. Senior Open Championship in 2021 on July 5-11,2021. The U.S. Senior Open is the major on the PGA Tour Champions and will attract distinguished players such as Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker, Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, and many more. The Championship, conducted by the United States Golf Association, expects to draw 100,000 spectators, 500 worldwide media and 1,800 volunteers. The coverage will be broadcast to more than 100 countries including 20 hours of live coverage on NBC and Golf Channel.
Bruno Event Team is proud to manage the 2021 U.S. Senior Open Championship. You can find additional company information as well as event-specific information on our websites at www.brunoeventteam.com and www.ussenioropen.com .
Job Description and Specifics
The role of Championship Intern is to assist in the management of the volunteer program, client services, ticket sales and promotions, reporting to the Championship Manager.
Responsibilities to include:
· Assist with the recruitment and management of 1,800 volunteers
· Develop a marketing and promotional plan to recruit volunteers
· Communicate with volunteers and volunteer leadership
· Manage the volunteer scheduling process
· Plan and execute volunteer orientation
· Management and coordination of volunteer headquarters
· Assist with the management of corporate clients prior to the championship
Marketing, Promotions & Ticket Services
· Identify local groups and organizations for the championship to develop promotional relationships (ie: area golf course, area clubs, golf shows, shopping malls, recreational centers)
· Assist with the management of off-site promotions (speaking engagements, sporting events, community festivals, trade shows)
· Research web-based event calendars, golf themed sites, etc. to promote the championship
· Responsible for overseeing office management and supplies
· Updating Championship files as needed
· Any other relevant administrative and operational tasks as determined by the Championship Manager
- Applicant must be willing to move to or currently reside in/near Omaha, NE
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous details at once in a fast-paced environment
- Skills in planning, organizing, judgment and decision making are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to present effectively
- Self-motivated team player
- Computer skills such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are critical
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Ability to work overtime, long hours, nights, and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (or in progress) in sports marketing, business or hospitality management or related major
application Deadline: Monday, February 1, 2021
Please submit resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “2021 USSO Championship Intern” in subject line.
Bruno Event Team thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.