The Brookline Recreation Department’s After School Program (ASP) and Supportive Learning Program is for Brookline Public School students who are in grades 3-5. This program offers a safe and supportive alternative between school and home for children. Activities include in-person remote learning, outdoor play, open gym, cooking, arts & crafts, homework, and seasonal activities. ASP is a collaborative working environment for staff and families.
An eligible candidate must be at least 18 years of age and meet one of the following sets of requirements set forth by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC);
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree; AND have three months of experience working with school age children; or
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent; AND have six months of experience working with school age children including three months of supervised experience at a school age child care program; or
- Have nine months of experience with school age children including three months of supervised experience at a school age child care program.
- Strong leadership skills, sensitive to needs and responsibilities.
- Current standard first aid and CPR certification.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- CORI / SORI Background check and EEC CORI check
- Evidence of a physical examination within one year prior to employment.
- Evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella
Additional Program Duties and Responsibilities:
- Available to work from 7:30AM-3:00PM or 2:00PM – 4:30PM Monday thru Friday
- Assist Site Coordinator with inventory of supplies and place orders when necessary
- Collaborating with Director and Coordinator for monthly and daily activities calendar for the program
- Supervising the group of children during all activities.
- Communicating with the Director, Coordinator, and other classroom staff.
- Participating in staff meetings and training (scheduled monthly staff meetings and 10 hours of EEC scheduled programs)
- Demonstrating creativity and the ability to motivate, guide and instruct children in activities.
- Follow, abide by and enforce all Center and EEC policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure that snack and activity areas are properly sanitized at all times.
- Prepare and distribute healthy and nutritious snack items to participants.
- Fill out and update attendance forms as needed as well as transition forms for off-site activities. Call school for absent children when needed.
- Fill out incident/injury reports as needed.
- Ensuring that all snacks in the classroom (whether they be served by ASP Staff, brought in by participants, or part of a cooking project) are healthy and nutritious.
- Keep participants in all assigned areas.
- Clean up and check program areas after use.
- Performing all other duties assigned.
- Outdoor play during all seasons.
- Communicating with parents and teachers.
- Creating a safe, enjoyable, and inclusive environment for all students
Location: Brookline, MA
Salary and Application Deadline: Starting salary $16-20 per hour depending on qualifications. Resume and Cover Letter. Open until Filled.