Braun Intertec is seeking students pursuing degrees in civil engineering, construction management, or related field; and other interested candidates, to join our La Porte, TX office for a 6 month opportunity. Participants will have the chance to get hands-on experience in the variety of fields which may include testing in the field or office on soils, concrete and bituminous. They will also be able to obtain industry and state recognized certifications.
What’s in it for you
- Training throughout the program includes comprehensive construction safety, nuclear density gauge, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Field Technician I, and materials laboratory training
- Hands-on application of classroom knowledge and theories to real construction situations, including the means and method of construction and working towards resolution of issues arising during construction
- Mentoring from a licensed engineer and practical engineering applications
- Learning procedures and gaining exposure to ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, ICC, and DOT standards
- Add to your professional résumé with experience and references from a well-respected engineering consulting firm
- These are paid positions with the opportunity to work overtime
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to commit to full-time employment for six months; from May to November/December (or December to May in some South Region locations)
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs safely
- “Working safe” attitude and mindset
- Ability work independently and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Aptitude to learn and perform required mathematical equations used in field testing
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time and occasionally overnight
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary
- Willing to work outdoors in various climates and terrains/conditions
- Experience driving a pickup truck or other large vehicle(s)
- College student working toward civil engineering or construction management degree or related field
- Some related work experience (construction, labor, landscaping, engineering, etc.)
- Mechanical aptitude with practical problem solving skills
Braun Intertec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability friendly, employer.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.