Seeking intern applicants for the Summer of 2021. We at BranchPattern are committed to building our company with great people like you-people who represent the best in their profession. We are looking for talented minds with a common purpose, to improve life through a better built environment, to grow with us. BranchPattern is a place where you can make a difference while building a meaningful and rewarding career. Our employees are fun, passionate and innovative change agents that strive to deliver award winning projects.
Our internship program focuses on developing a high level of comfort with the basic principles of various engineering systems. This is achieved primarily through calculations. It is extremely important that the Intern develop a comfort level with appropriate loads for a variety of building types. This is the basic foundation for an engineer as they continue to more advanced topics.
Our Interns will be exposed to a number of different roles performed by engineers within this industry. The intent is to demonstrate the variety and breadth of roles that are represented by engineers within the A/E/C industry. Our interns will work alongside our engineers on the design of engineering systems for projects across various sectors. The Intern will work closely with one of our staff in multiple areas and assist our engineers with delivering these projects in a collaborative team environment.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform engineering calculations
- Perform computer aided drafting utilizing REVIT and AutoCAD
- Facility evaluations and engineering studies
- Verification of permitting and code requirements
- Preparing construction documents for various engineer systems
- Track RFI’s, review shop drawings, file, and organize information
- Perform building simulations & analysis utilizing programs
- Assist with equipment selections and systems design
- Attend project meetings and site observations
- Pursuing BS or MS in Architectural Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have completed at least 2 years of their education
- Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Interest working in a collaborative team environment
- Previous internships are a definite plus.