Desktop Support Engineer
Be an integral part of our team that provides IT support to our customers’ employees, as well as managing servers, applications and network infrastructure. Work with a wide array of technologies to innovate and support manufacturing operations for our customers. You will solve their most critical day-to-day issues, allowing them to operate 24/7. Design, implement, and manage the infrastructure systems they depend on to grow their business.
We are searching for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our dynamic, fast-growing Systems & Support Group. This position is based in downtown Chicago (Loop) with working hours from Monday to Friday from 8 AM – 5 PM CST.
An ideal candidate would be an intelligent problem-solver who has a passion for IT with great communication skills and the ability to work with a team to find solutions that exceed the customer’s expectations in a quick and efficient manner.
As you can see from the responsibilities below, this role has mixed duties in desktop support and systems administration. As an entry level position, a likely candidate will start out focusing primarily on the desktop support side. With-in a short period of time, you will be given systems administration responsibilities. This position leads to the opportunity to become a Systems Administrator.
This role offers the opportunity to quickly progress. You will develop skills in a diverse range of applications and technologies, and you will be the first point of contact for BrainSurf’s clients.
Responsibilities will grow to include:
- Provide Windows Desktop Support
- Deploying and Migrating Desktops and Notebooks
- General Desktop Support to End Users
- Microsoft Office Suite Support
- Resolving issues relating to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application IQMS
- Provide first-rate application and IT infrastructure administration & management
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration
- Prepare new hardware for integration in to customer datacenters
- Monitor critical applications and IT Infrastructure components
- Windows Server Administration
- Independent Project Management
- On-site consulting trips (as needed)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Related
- Windows desktop support experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
BrainSurf provides a fun and casual work environment, competitive salary, new customer bonus, annual bonus, company outings, BlueCross health insurance, 401k, and 15 personal days per year. Office attire is casual.
Our team comprises a young, collaborative, and energetic group of talented professionals located in our U.S. and European office. BrainSurf’s unique culture of teamwork creates a rich learning environment and the opportunity to rapidly progress.