Interested in interning at an up-and-coming and revolutionary startup in New York City?
Brag House is seeking a Business Development Intern to provide cross-functional Business Development support!
You will get to work in a fast-growing tech company and be closely involved in our Business Development efforts for the college sports season. You will have opportunities to collaborate with a diverse team of professionals with backgrounds in legal, marketing, real estate and finance; as well as attending numerous meetings and networking events with corporate leaders, athletes and influencers.
Think you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to be part of developing an early stage startup? We would love to meet you!
- Develop entrepreneurial skills and use these acquired skills to complete projects that will improve Business Development efficiency for our internal teams.
- Work with project owners and provide researched opportunities to adjust spending/development to higher performing campaigns based on a variety of segments.
- Discover, contact and qualify high-value potential project partners through creativity, research, market analysis, and persistent outbound exploration.
- Continually track projects’ progress and provide weekly reports and forecasts.
- Conduct research related to business development needs; present findings and make recommendations; such as business development practices and ideas.
- Collect and investigate feedback from users and team members, and leverage this to develop materials that will help improve Business Development workflows and how we communicate our unique value proposition to users.
- Manage and lead a project and present to executives your findings/results- create and execute strategies to thoughtfully grow users of BH.
- Assist with company events for college sports games.
- Identify systems tips and tricks, and create Google sheets and Slides decks in Business Operations team office hours.
- Collaborate with other interns / departments on projects focused on growth and scalability.
- Attend staff meetings (video conference call).
- Provide support and other duties as needed on various projects to grow the business.
- You love problem-solving while showing clear, logic-based decision-making to improve processes efficiency.
- Entrepreneurial at heart; thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Have an interest in technology, startups, and learning more about business development, both through guided practice and independent research.
- Reliable – ability to work well without constant direction or supervision.
- High attention to details and advanced organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional groups, keeping different perspectives aligned to a shared goal.
- You are personable and love talking to people.
- Experience with business development is a plus
- Experience with any of the following organizational systems is a plus: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), G-Suite (Docs, Slides, Hangouts, Sheets, Drive, Forms etc.)
- Able to contribute to the current culture and atmosphere that is warm, welcoming, and in line with the brand.
- Experience in conducting online research is a plus
- Interest in college sports and esports is preferred but not required.
- Currently enrolled in a college (sophomore, junior preferred).
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 is preferred.
A little About this internship:
- Minimum 8 weeks and approximately 15 hours per week commitment; some evening availability for hosted events; flexible hours/duration and off-site opportunities (excluding US National holidays such as Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, etc.).
- Location: Our current HQ is in Bushwick, Brooklyn. However, we are 100% working remotely until further notice.
- Ownership: Your time at Brag House will be meaningful and fulfilling – No coffee runs or anything like that! Team members across the company identify ongoing projects to address real business challenges – and we trust you to take ownership of these projects. Our hope is that you will identify areas for opportunity and go for it, without waiting for instruction!
- Mentorship & Growth: On your first day, you will meet your Brag House mentor who will help you navigate through your time here. We will teach you and provide feedback along the way.
- We’ve created training to help you get the most out of this experience and feel prepared for your next career step.
- YOU SHOULD KNOW: We work hard at Brag House but take every opportunity to find fun along the way. You’re encouraged to participate in activities like: Weekly Team Lunches, Monthly Team Dinners, Afternoon Snack Time, Team Running Group, In-office Pool Table tournaments and so much more!
We are committed to bringing individuals with a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and beliefs who can use their passion to help us build a world-changing community — and thrive along the way. Join Brag House for the chance to collaborate with an engaged team working to provide learning and growth opportunities for all.
The Brag House is an Equal Opportunity company and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.