As a Mechanical Engineering Intern at Whiting Clean Energy, you will:
· Be a vital part of a multidiscipline team made up of operations, maintenance, environmental, and safety engineering personnel
· Learn general power production processes and equipment design, and how to apply engineering fundamentals to solve problems within the plant.
· Design modifications to fluid flow piping systems, including analyzing stresses and flexibility to ensure safe and reliable operations.
· Troubleshoot equipment, determine root causes of failures, and develop repair plans or improved designs per industry codes, such as ASME, API, ANSI, and ASTM.
· Perform engineering analyses to provide evidence for financial and business decisions.
· Make our processes more cost effective, efficient, and technologically competitive.
· Gain exposure to the power market across the US and how the rapid growth in renewables and retirement of coal assets is changing our grid in real time
Are you ready to ignite your potential with BP?
Taking on the role as Mechanical Engineering Intern means providing technical support for operating units, as well as designing and leading various projects. Alongside a strong technical degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Operations Engineering, or a related subject, that means providing solutions on a wide range of engineering problems for major unit maintenance events and working alongside a diverse, multidiscipline team.
· 3.2 GPA
· Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Industrial Operations
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Our internship program offers you just that plus the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. You will work alongside our highly qualified and professional colleagues. We take interns studying a wide range of subjects to allow you to explore new career aspiration and develop the technical skillset for you to have a successful career.
Summer internships last 12 weeks.
At bp, we are #oneteam, so the safety of each member of our community is of the utmost importance to us. Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home and as a result we have implemented a virtual hiring process and are onboarding new hires remotely.
Discover your place with us and help our business meet the challenges of the future. You MUST upload your resume plus transcript and complete your online application at http://bp.com/uscampus.
Note: Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity. If you are not sure this is the role for you, please return to our Degree Matcher to review your other options.
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We are looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh perspective, collaborative spirit, and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.