Construction is about planning the physical build and overseeing its creation. Intern roles in construction will range from inputting into the initial construction plans and reviews to the safe management of site activities during the building of facilities. As an Intern you will work in construction related roles during the project definition and planning phase, the engineering, design and procurement phase, and through the site phase to start-up.
Accountabilities will vary depending on your specific project. Examples of possible activities include:
• Evaluating lessons learned and sharing outcomes to embed safety improvements or to identify opportunities to improve construction performance
• Participate in developing the construction strategy, including assessment of options.
• Work with Engineering and Design teams to ensure the feasibility of transportation, installation, lifting and construction requirements.
• Working with the construction team to plan execution of construction activity and availability of materials
• Assist in monitoring and controlling construction schedule and cost.
Depending on your project there may also be the opportunity to witness the load out or installation of equipment.
Our Upstream graduate program is known as the challenge program. As a challenger in upstream, you will enjoy real responsibility from day one – getting to grips with business challenges and gaining broad exposure to the business from the start. We put development at the heart of our offer, giving graduates like you the chance to experience real operations first-hand. Through robust assessments, technical coaching and cutting-edge formal learning, we’ll drive your quick progression, making this an award winning program and an opportunity like no other. The Upstream Challenge program is not rotational by nature – the focus is more on the depth of learning and expertise. In some cases Challengers may benefit from moving into a new role during the program, but this will be entirely driven by their individual development plan.
What we offer:
• A real job from day one
• Roadmaps to navigate technical development
• Support for professional qualifications • Regular feedback and guidance
• Access to technical coaches
• Global and local networks
• Modern learning solutions available anywhere anytime
• Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
• BP will not support US Immigration sponsorship for internships or full-time/long-term employment
• Seeking a Bachelor’s degree
• Majoring in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Science, or closely related discipline