Job Title: Youth Care Worker
Full-Time Evening or Night hours
In a career as an Youth Care Worker, you have the ability to impact a child’s life. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons – family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system and so on. You come in by giving youth the support they need during some of their most valuable hours into the night.
- Assists in the supervision and training of youth.
- Assesses and monitors youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with individualized service plans.
- Monitors activities and maintains a safe living and learning environment for youth.
- Monitors, supports, and encourages academic performance and educational success.
- Models appropriate relationships with youth and staff.
- Attends consultation meetings, staff meetings, and shift transition meetings.
- Assists in processing documents for youth intake and departure, updates files, and assists in the preparation of youth summaries and reports.
- Observes and participates in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions as needed.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth to and from school, appointments, and outings.
: This is a full-time position. Schedule hours are from 2pm-10:30pm.
**Must be able to work some weekend shifts
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred.
- Previous experience working with at risk children is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.