Boys & Girls Club of Lincoln/Lancaster County
Position: Youth Development Professional (YDP)
Hours: 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm, M-F (Hours can be flexible due to classes. Please communicate your
needs asap with the Program Director & Executive Director.)
Pay: $12.00 an hour
Supervisor: Program Director, Executive Director
Under the direction of the Program Director and in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Boys & Girls Club of Lincoln / Lancaster County, the YDP is responsible for the implementation of our programs. The YDP implements a comprehensive program plan that nurtures the potential of Club members. The individual will model honesty, respect and responsibility and work daily to develop personal and meaningful relationships with members, volunteers, program participants and others.
The Park CLC program aims to engage every student every day based on the following core values:
- Boys & Girls Club of America – To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
- Boys & Girls Club of Lincoln / Lancaster County
1. We put people first
2. We lead with integrity – always do the right thing
3. We have fun
4. We are excited by change
- Community Learning Centers
- Successful Youth. Thriving Families. Strong Neighborhoods.
- Park Middle School – Educate. Empower. Succeed.
1. Enable all young people, especially those that need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
2. Arrive for scheduled work-days on time.
3. Ensure that hours worked are accurately recorded.
4. Must be actively engaged with students at all times (e.g. No personal use of cell phone while signed in.)
5. Maintains a professional appearance and conducts business in a friendly and professional manner.
6. Participate in the daily operations in assigned areas.
7. Assist program director and other YDP staff as necessary to ensure successful outcome of the Club’s operations and mission.
8. Contribute in implementing and carrying out daily programs and activities using the BGCA Formula for Impact.
9. Contribute to creating a positive Club environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes.
a. Academic Success
b. Good Character & Citizenship
c. Health Lifestyles
d. Promote program key focus areas (technology, entrepreneurship, financial literacy,
job and college skills]
10. Adhere to all policies and procedures. Follow and reinforce policies and expectations for student behavior including managing conflict, problems, and emergencies.
11. The ability to critically analyze situations and take appropriate actions.
12. Provide member guidance and mentoring through active participation with members to help them fulfill and make appropriate choices about their educational, personal, physical, social, emotional, and vocational needs.
12. Contribute to ensuring a healthy and safe environment of members. (e.g monitor and supervise student behavior, safe equipment use, follow check-in/check out policy and COVID-19 requirements)
13. Ensure that facilities, equipment and supplies are cleaned, sanitized and maintained.
14.Acts as a role model by their actions in both their professional and private life.
15. Work along with and guide volunteers in implementing club activities.
16. Maintain confidentiality of student information and sensitive information relating to BGC members, employees, and donors/supporters.
17. Follow BGC policies regarding record keeping and reporting (e.g. attendance rosters, lesson plans, incident reports etc.)
18. Report any suspected abuse to the Program Director in order to follow BGC, LPS, and State of Nebraska policy in reporting to social services.
19. Attend required professional development meetings, training, and workshops in order to continue to learn and implement best practices.
20. Make positive contributions to team meetings and meet periodically with program director.
Requirements/Specifications: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
1. Prior experience implementing programs that nurture the potential of youth and managing others is preferred.
2. Must be able to pass a background check.
3. Must comply with a “Drug Free” policy
4. Must provide a valid driver’s license and employment eligibility verification
5. CPR/ First Aid certification is required but may be obtained within 90 days of hire.
6. Must be flexible and able to adapt to change in the work-place.
7. Reliable transportation to and from work, to program locations.
8. An understanding of the Club’s mission and values.
9. Ability to critically assess situations, solve problems, work effectively under stress, within deadlines, and in emergency situations.
10. Ability to understand and carry out instruction and procedures with minimal supervision.
11. Ability to communicate effectively and exhibit excellent relationship building skills with students, parents, Park and BGC staff, and management.
Ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
Ability to express concern to children, their families, and staff.
Ability to act appropriate around children of all ages.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer information.
Ability to understand and follow all compliance and emergency code instructions.
Must be 19 or older.
Will be around children of all school ages. Running, playing games, having open discussions, and completing activities with kids.
1. Possess the ability to supervise and manage groups of middle school students.
2. Possess the ability to lead and participate in indoor and outdoor activities and sports.
3. Possess ability to bend and lift up to 50 pounds.