ColeJenest & Stone is now accepting applications for a Landscape Architecture Intern who will help foster our mission that All People Should Live in a Safe, Sustainable and Beautiful Community! We are passionate about using collaboration to lead us to the right solution. A solution that can be planned for and funded. A lasting solution that not only works today but long into the future. Our expertise offers a fresh, engaging approach to solve multi-faceted problems involving technical, regulatory, and community issues.
ColeJenest & Stone offers a comprehensive and innovative approach to land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, and urban design across the southeast. Striking a balance between art and science, our creativity is strongly rooted in collaboration between clients and designers to create enduring and memorable places. For over 30 years, our Charlotte and Raleigh civil engineering and landscape architecture professionals have teamed on more than 5,500 projects.
Every project team is set up in a cross-disciplinary studio with engineers and designers working side-by-side from site analysis through construction administration.
ColeJenest & Stone is now part of Bolton & Menk, Inc. As we look to the future, we want to continue our commitment to building better communities. With that promise in mind, we joined forces with Bolton & Menk to uphold the ultimate vision of creating safe, sustainable, and beautiful communities for everyone.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assists with graphic renderings and 3D visualization.
- Assists with the preparations of plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Assists with planning, organizing and performance multiple landscape architecture projects.
- Travels to work sites and other project related locations, as necessary.
What We Are Looking For:
- Pursuing Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution.
- Working knowledge of technical software such Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Arc GIS a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus.
- Able to apply landscape architecture concepts to problem solving involving site design issues.
- Thorough knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Developing knowledge and skills in design software. (i.e., Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, etc.)
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Good interpersonal written & verbal communication skills.
- Good time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
Interested candidates are required to upload 3 work samples (portfolio) in pdf. format with their resume.
Why ColeJenest & Stone?
The CJS portfolio focuses on six key market sectors including civic, commercial/mixed-use, education, health care, parks/greenways and residential. The award-winning results speak for themselves with recognition of every project type from the James B. Hunt, Jr. Library to Spectrum Arena. ColeJenest & Stone partners and principals are personally involved in each project to ensure the highest levels of design, innovation, and mentorship. We are family-centric, and our firm’s commitment to a culture of inclusion, diversity, professional support, and work-life balance is vital to our ongoing success.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ColeJenest & Stone is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.