This position is responsible for supporting current development projects through research, and entry-level technical analysis responsibilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in renewable energy project developments carrying out technical analyses.
- Analyze customer electric load data and assist in sizing renewable energy projects.
- Assist with research regarding, but not limited to, state and utility-level energy policy, renewable energy resources models.
- Communicate with county and state officials regarding renewable energy development regulations and energy policy.
- Support department in development process from start to finish.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the renewable energy industry, and an understanding of solar/renewable energy technologies is useful.
- Programming experience in Python or MATLAB preferred.
- Experience with tools such as PVsyst, NREL SAM, Helioscope, etc.
- Proficient with MS Excel and it’s Math functions.
- Self-motivated, confident, get-it-done mindset.
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Team player, but can work independently when the job calls for it.
- Can multi-task while properly prioritizing and staying focused on the long term goals of the project.
- Strong communication skills.
- Pursuing an Undergraduate or Graduate degree in a relevant field. Background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Thermal Sciences, Power Engineering, or Power Electronics preferred.
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered