At Blueground, we are guided by a vision to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. By offering fully-furnished apartments that are move-in ready in the world’s most vibrant neighborhoods, we provide our guests with the opportunity to simply #ShowUpStartLiving. Behind the scenes, we strive for a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
We’ve grown a lot since our founding in 2013. We are now hosting guests in more than 3,500 homes in 12 cities. We have raised $78m in funding to date and that’s just the beginning.
What drives our success is how each of our team members applies our core values. To our team, Time is everything, and we cherish it greatly. For us, Excellence isn’t simply a standard, but an exciting way to look at life. We Care deeply about our clients and colleagues and never lose sight of the human element, which goes hand-in-hand with Transparency which we believe makes our day-to-day life easier.
We are looking for a Content Strategist to join our Marketing department and sit under our Global Brand function. The position is remote for now, and, when conditions permit, based in either one of our regional headquarters, NYC or Athens, Greece. In an era when people spend more time than ever at home, this is an exciting time for Blueground. We are in the process of developing our brand story and product to adjust to the evolving needs of renters. In support of this, you’ll be using your exceptional copywriting skills to lead all content marketing at Blueground. You will be supporting multiple teams and contribute to shaping the Blueground brand voice through fresh & engaging blog storytelling, while also possessing the ability to develop and translate strategy into compelling brand copy that delivers on business objectives.
What you will focus on:
- Develop the Blueground voice by both strategizing and executing on marketing copy that spans all marketing channels, including advertising, email & online, based on analytics and insights about our target audiences
- Create and manage all externally-facing copy — with equal mastery across both short-form (e.g., website, app, ads, social media posts, product descriptions, emails, etc.) and long-form formats (e.g., website, blogs, etc.)
- Craft and implement effective content marketing strategies to drive, engage, and grow brand awareness through qualified traffic to Blueground’s website and social channels
- Oversee and maintain content calendar to maximize ROI for the organization
- Drive content planning and copy refinement strategy that appeals to distinct audience targets across Blueground’s 3 blogs (Inside Blueground, Landlord Resources and Blueprint)
- Understand and create both direct response and awareness messaging depending on broader marketing strategy and specific channel goals
- Forecast budget and manage content performance reporting for continuous optimization, SEO strategies & test-and-learn strategies against set objectives and KPIs
- Explore & stay abreast of new content channels (e.g., podcast, collaborations with other brands/ambassadors/influencers, etc.) and current best practices across industry and competitor channels
What we are looking for:
- Excellent written & communication skills
- 3-5 years professional experience driving content strategy & writing/editing creative copy for a consumer/lifestyle brand at a creative agency and/or in-house team
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, business administration, journalism, psychology or other relevant degree
- Airtight writing skills, demonstrated by a portfolio that highlights blog writing (long-form content), promotional messaging (short-form copy on websites, emails, etc.), multi-channel advertising (e.g., benefit statements, taglines), and bottom-up brand-building (e.g., brand guidelines, brand bible, messaging hierarchies, positioning statements, creative concepts, etc.).
- Understanding how to apply best practices in SEO, email marketing & UX writing
- Experience taking assignments from the ideation & research phase through to publication, optimization, and measurement onsite
- Great organization skills, with the ability to manage projects and deadlines across multiple teams
- Gravitas when it comes to taking cross-functional teams on your journey – whether it’s defending the value of a quirky content hook, or re-directing a group work-stream that’s gone off strategy
- A cultural connoisseur & storyteller with a vital pulse on current cultural trends in interior design, hospitality, music, fashion, and tech
- A collaborative spirit that lends itself well to working closely with various stakeholders across teams, including remote ones
- Start-up and rapid growth brand experience is a plus, with demonstrable brand-building experience
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Enhanced parental leave
- 401k retirement plan
- Private life and health insurance plan
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the center of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.