Upstream Vector Process Development Co-Op/Full-Time Intern
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter – patients and our people. When you join the nest, you’re not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that’s soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across 7 countries with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our flock and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Pharmaceutical Sciences flock is all about getting stuff done, working collaboratively, and advancing our technology. As a part of our evolving and dynamic college program, you’ll have a chance to work with some of the brightest birds in the business, striving to make real impact for our patients and our people. Come gain experiential hands-on knowledge with a group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Upstream Vector Process Development Co-Op/Full-Time Intern bird reporting to Troy Knowlton, you’ll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
· Design and execute cell culture based experiments to improve and optimize a lentiviral vector manufacturing process
· Learn how to design and execute cell culture experiments in production bioreactors
· General Cell Culture activities
· Perform studies optimizing plasmid transfection process
· Evaluate new technologies for use in Lenti-viral vector process
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
· Have (Currently enrolled in an undergraduate (BA/BS) degree program or in the first year of a graduate (MA/MS) degree program at an accredited college or university, studying engineering, life sciences, and/or a related field through current or previous coursework)
· Aseptic Technique desirable but not required
· General lab experience
· Strong verbal and written skills; ability to provide focus and clarity; able to handle confidential information and material appropriately
· Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
· Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem solving ability
· Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
· Possess the (Ability to work a six-month assignment, full-time – July 12 – December 17)
· This position is intended to be on-site in our 60 Binney Street, Cambridge, MA, location.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.