Data Analytics Co-Op/Full-Time Intern
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter – patients and our people. When you join the nest, you’re not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that’s soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across 7 countries with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our flock and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Pharmaceutical Sciences flock is all about getting stuff done, working collaboratively, and advancing our technology. As a part of our evolving and dynamic college program, you’ll have a chance to work with some of the brightest birds in the business, striving to make real impact for our patients and our people. Come gain experiential hands-on knowledge with a group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Data Analytics Co-Op/Full-Time Intern bird reporting to Syama Adhibhatta, you’ll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
· Support/Build interactive tools for users to visually analyze the data.
· Use Power BI/Spotfire to create visualizations and reports to explore and explain the data
· Create dashboards and automated reports for key business metrics
· Support collecting, analyzing, codifying information and build platforms using Microsoft SharePoint or similar technology
· Develop wiki pages for multiple processes and products collaborating with subject matter experts
· Support any end user training in roll -out of the developed visualizations as required
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
· Have (Currently enrolled in a graduate-level (MA/MS/PhD) degree program at an accredited college or university, studying computer science, computer programming, data analysis, engineering, and/or applied statistics through current or previous coursework)
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment
· Experience with Visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire is recommended
· Work on ideas to auto import and export of the data from excel to data repository tool.
· Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
· Good communication skills—both written and oral skills to present data in group meetings.
· Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
· Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Possess the (Ability to work a six-month assignment, full-time – January 11 – June 25)
· This position is 100% REMOTE.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.